TI/TCD Workshops, Dublin - 23 and 24 June 2009
These workshops introduced business representatives and government officials specialising in trade and investment promotion to the free tools and strategies Irish business people and their agents can use to deal with situations where payments or bribes may be demanded.
They combined presentations with case studies and group work dilemmas. The 24 June 2009 also used video clips from the PBS series "Dirty Money". All resources and references are available for free download below.
International Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives
- The United Nations Global Compact
- FTSE4Good Anti-Bribery Criteria
- International Chamber of Commerce Rules of Conduct
- Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
- Publish What You Pay
- The Irish Government Anti Bribery Portal (www.anticorruption.ie)
- Corruption Perceptions Index (Transparency International)
- Bribe Payers Index (Transparency International)
- Anti Corruption and Investment (John Devitt, TCD, 2009)
- “Why Worry About Corruption? ”, (International Monetary Fund, 1997)
- The OECD Convention on Combating Bribery
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
John Devitt is a former consultant to Enterprise Ireland and Trade Representative at the Irish Consulate for New Zealand. He is currently serving as Chief Executive of Transparency International Ireland.
These events were supported by Irish Aid