Transparency International Ireland (“TI Ireland”) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to stopping corruption and promoting integrity in Irish institutions. Its vision is an Ireland that is open and fair – and where entrusted power is used in the interests of everyone. TI Ireland is a fully accredited chapter of the international coalition, Transparency International, with representation in over 100 countries
Transparency International (TI) Ireland is looking to engage volunteer Helpline Assistants. The purpose of this position is to support the work of TI Ireland particularly in regard to its Speak Up Helpline. The Helpline offers advice and free legal referral services to citizens, witnesses, whistleblowers and victims of corruption and white collar crime.
We are seeking a commitment of two to three days a week, working between Monday and Friday at TI Ireland’s office in Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1, from 9am to 5pm/10am to 6pm, with an hour for lunch.
The main role and responsibilities involve:
- Legal research and analysis
- General research and analysis
- Speak Up communications handling
- Operating case/data management systems
- Drafting, proofreading, editing
- Support to the Helpline Coordinator
Additional responsibilities may include:
- General office administration
- Assistance with fundraising efforts
- Assistance with event organisation and management
The successful intern candidate will have:
- Office experience
- Highly motivated and organised
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- IT and presentation skills are essential
- Good interpersonal skills
Desirable experience includes:
- Legal training / experience
- Customer service experience
TI Ireland has a volunteer programme policy and is committed to supporting its interns to enjoy a worthwhile and rewarding volunteer experience. Out of pocket expenses are covered for all TI Ireland interns and volunteers.
TI Ireland are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our Privacy Notice sets out how we process and safeguard any personal data collected during the recruitment process.
Application Closing Date: 26 July 2019
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 6pm on 26 July 2019. Please use the code HA/2019 in the subject line of the email. Applications that don't use this code in the subject line may not be read.